Welcome to the Travel Forum. Community Board To Help Tourists in Tourism.
  • Login:
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Have you ever been in Mexico?

    I've seen so many posts post over here about people wanting to go to mexico that it really made me wonder... have any of you actually been to Mexico before? I'm just curious If you have... would you mind telling us which places you visited? What was this experience like? Did you like it? Would you come back?

    I'm looking forward to hearing everything you have to say about your trips to this wonderful and exotic country

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    77

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    No, I've never been to Mexico before. I would love to visit the coast but I am too scared to travel to far in land because of the many things I've heard about cities such as La Juarez--it's the murder capital of the world. I'm scared to travel in or around there.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by jodiann12 View Post
    No, I've never been to Mexico before. I would love to visit the coast but I am too scared to travel to far in land because of the many things I've heard about cities such as La Juarez--it's the murder capital of the world. I'm scared to travel in or around there.
    Aw, you should't feel scared Specially if you're traveling by plane. The real danger is near the USA border, I actually live there and is not as bad as people say. If your fear is what is stoping you from visiting this amazing country, then go to an amazing place named ''riviera maya''. This place is very far from the border and all the dangers it represents. I've heard this place has the most beautiful white sands beaches out there. I'd like to go to that place one day

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    I have been to Mexico several times and all have been wonderful experiences. The first time, I entered by bus from Laredo Texas and spent 1 week rock climbing and camping near Monterrey in the north, then travelled by bus to Colima on the west coast and then to Oaxaca in the south. I was impressed by how different each region was and also how friendly the locals are!

    I also spent a month cycling from Tijuana to La Paz on the Baja Peninsula. I was shocked by the difference between the Baja and mainland Mexico. There are so many tourists on the Baja that locals treat you like you are made of money and it is harder to have the genuine intercultural interactions that I loved on the mainland.

    In both areas, I felt perfectly safe. I think where people run into trouble in Mexico is by flashing their money around in touristy areas. Stay discreet and stay smart and safety shouldn't be an issue in this beautiful country!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    173

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Only to DF, I spend about a week there in 2000. It was beautiful, friendly, and full of good food.

    I especially recommend the Anthropology Museum and the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    75

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    I never really had a chance to go to mexico. I heard so many things about it. My brother loves going there because of their beautiful beaches. Probably I'll go with him next time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    I've seen so many posts post over here about people wanting to go to mexico that it really made me wonder... have any of you actually been to Mexico before? I'm just curious If you have... would you mind telling us which places you visited? What was this experience like? Did you like it? Would you come back?

    I'm looking forward to hearing everything you have to say about your trips to this wonderful and exotic country
    Yes, I have been to Mexico several times. Once each: Matamoros, Tijuana, Juarez, Mexico City, Tulum, and Oaxaca. I loved Tulum, with the ocean and the ruins, and I loved Mexico City with the museums, AND I loved Oaxaca with the art and the Day of the Dead festival. However, it is not as safe to travel there as it used to be.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    131

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    I've never been to Mexico...honestly I'm not sure that I even want to very badly. It's not at the top of my list, but I guess I might hit it someday.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat0124 View Post
    I never really had a chance to go to mexico. I heard so many things about it. My brother loves going there because of their beautiful beaches. Probably I'll go with him next time.
    Mexico has some of the best beaches, I'd avoid beaches like acapulco tho (highly polluted), I'd head south to the Mayan riviera You can find beaches with white sand over there! It's totally mind-blowing!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Likethepear View Post
    I have been to Mexico several times and all have been wonderful experiences. The first time, I entered by bus from Laredo Texas and spent 1 week rock climbing and camping near Monterrey in the north, then travelled by bus to Colima on the west coast and then to Oaxaca in the south. I was impressed by how different each region was and also how friendly the locals are!

    I also spent a month cycling from Tijuana to La Paz on the Baja Peninsula. I was shocked by the difference between the Baja and mainland Mexico. There are so many tourists on the Baja that locals treat you like you are made of money and it is harder to have the genuine intercultural interactions that I loved on the mainland.

    In both areas, I felt perfectly safe. I think where people run into trouble in Mexico is by flashing their money around in touristy areas. Stay discreet and stay smart and safety shouldn't be an issue in this beautiful country!
    I'm glad you had a great time over here, each state is very different So you are very right, most people who have never visisted Mexico think that everywhere you go you will see the same, but one of the greatest things about Mexico is the fact we have a lot diversity (in the full sense of the word). When you come to Mexico you don't get bored at all Specially if you know where to go.

    You are right, flashing your money around the touristic areas has never been a good idea, also staying away from the places that are known to be a bit conflictive and dangerous would be a good idea. I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but there are a lot people who don't investigate the possible conflict zones in the city they're going to visit beforehand.
    Last edited by Trellum; 09-26-2013 at 02:45 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    I'm glad you had a great time over here, each state is very different So you are very right, most people who have never visisted Mexico think that everywhere you go you will see the same, but one of the greatest things about Mexico is the fact we have a lot diversity (in the full sense of the word). When you come to Mexico you don't get bored at all Specially if you know where to go.

    You are right, flashing your money around the touristic areas has never been a good idea, also staying away from the places that are known to be a bit conflictive and dangerous would be a good idea. I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but there are a lot people who don't investigate the possible conflict zones in the city they're going to visit beforehand.
    Yes, I agree with that. The other thing I do when I go is leave my diamond engagement ring at home, and wear my simple white gold band, which looks like sterling silver.

  12. #12
    Eva
    Eva is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    I have never been to Mexico, but I have always wanted to go. If I lived in a state closer to the border, I would've probably been there already. I heard the tourist areas, especially the beaches, are worth the trip.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Yeah, but mexico is more than just nice beaches There are some really interesting festivals and celebrations coming in the next months, one of them is day of the dead. But the only way to really enjoy this date in Mexico is by going to the south, this date is celebrated in a very interesting way over there. Mexico has a lot amazing things

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorigh View Post
    Yes, I agree with that. The other thing I do when I go is leave my diamond engagement ring at home, and wear my simple white gold band, which looks like sterling silver.
    Exactly Some common sense always saves the day I never wear jewelry when I go there, specially when I'm going to the south or the border. It's better to avoid doing that, because you never know who could be around!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by JessiFox View Post
    I've never been to Mexico...honestly I'm not sure that I even want to very badly. It's not at the top of my list, but I guess I might hit it someday.
    Why not? Mexico is a great place to visit, I agree it hasn't recieved the best publicity in the last years, but Mexico isn't a war zone either You just need to avoid the bad places and have some common sense when you go there, you should be fine if you do that. Mexico is filled with a lot great things! Great shopping centers, food, people, places, etc.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by zlemune View Post
    Only to DF, I spend about a week there in 2000. It was beautiful, friendly, and full of good food.

    I especially recommend the Anthropology Museum and the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco.
    My mom has been there too That place is huuuge! Didn't you get lost? Were you on a holiday or it was a business trip? I ask because so far I haven't met a lot people who go to DF on a holiday, most people who go are either passing by or on a business trip. That city is the whole package tho, very polluted, but it's a real city

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    59

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Ive been to Mexico on business. Best thing I liked about Mexico is their cuisine. The people are at first suspicious of you but once they learn you're a friendly sort of person they can be great chums to hang out with. But of course there's the security issue. . .

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    691

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    Glad you had a great time, but when you say security issues... where in Mexico were you? The places where you can find osme security issues nowadays is up in the north, but other than that, the rest of the country is really calm

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Re: Have you ever been in Mexico?

    If you want to call my short visit to Mexico a visit then I would have to answer yes. We had a pretty bad experience though. We were driving through Calexico, California which is the States side of Mexicali, Mexico. The way the traffic drove was as if there was no stopping a red lights or stop signs. They drove right through them. When we finally reached the border Patrol the attendant didn't speak English and tried to direct us to be searched over on the side. My dad didn't want to stop and have any of our things stolen, because back then was when there was reports of stealing personal items when you tried to cross the border into Mexico. So my Dad made a big loop back around to get back going north out of there and we came to a barricade blocking the roadway. just as my parents were about to move it so we could get back going the right way another guy came up and we thought for sure that he was not going to be able to understand us. He actually spoke perfect English. He made sure we were all from the US and then tried to tell us to park our vehicle a few ways down the rod and walk over into town to see the sites. That it was well worth the stop, however we decided to keep right on driving out of town and never trying to go back for any visit. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try to visit there again. I just have been able to. I am hoping one day I will get the chance to go back and try a visit somewhere in Mexico.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58