Welcome to the Travel Forum. Community Board To Help Tourists in Tourism.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: SeaWorld

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    SeaWorld

    Has anyone went to Sea world. Please give me some information and do let me know how can i go there. TY

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Yes, we took our daughter to Sea World in Orlando last year. I have a couple of pieces of advice. First, stay in a hotel very close to Sea World. The traffic in Orlando is murder. Second, be prepared to spend a lot of money. You can't bring your own food into the park, and everything is expensive. You can get a stamp to leave, go eat somewhere else, and return. Third, the premier parking that costs you more $? Totally worth it in my book. Fourth, if you are going during the summer, try to go during the week, and not the weekend--it will be less crowded.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    28

    Some information about The SeaWorlds

    Seaworld is located at three places in the US. One is in San Diego, California the other is in San Antonio , Texas and the third Seaworld is situated in Orlando, Florida. The main attraction in SeaWorlds is the killers whales which each of the SeaWorld has. These killer whales perform and entertain the visitors .

    You can reach the place by air and also by road .

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    18

    Re: SeaWorld

    I heard that they have been getting some negative press over their treatment of killer whales.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by writestuff13 View Post
    I heard that they have been getting some negative press over their treatment of killer whales.
    Yes, they have. Ever since a trainer was killed there a couple of years ago. There is a movie about their treatment of killer whales called "Blackfish". CNN plans to air it in October, I believe. You may be able to view it at an independent movie theatre.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by writestuff13 View Post
    I heard that they have been getting some negative press over their treatment of killer whales.
    Of course they are - there are a lot of Sea Worlds and unfortunately many of them aren't exactly up to code as it were. The most recent issue revolves around the usage of a large Killer Whale male as only a breeder. Killer Whales are social creatures and he has been isolated which may have driven him mad. Then again he has killed three individuals over the last twelve years or so. He killed a person in Canada which got him shipped down here where he killed a homeless person. Then some years after that he killed a trainer. So yeah.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by Esperahol View Post
    Of course they are - there are a lot of Sea Worlds and unfortunately many of them aren't exactly up to code as it were. The most recent issue revolves around the usage of a large Killer Whale male as only a breeder. Killer Whales are social creatures and he has been isolated which may have driven him mad. Then again he has killed three individuals over the last twelve years or so. He killed a person in Canada which got him shipped down here where he killed a homeless person. Then some years after that he killed a trainer. So yeah.
    There has actually been a lot of press about the Orlando Sea World, and their treatment of animals. I am not sure we will go back. My daughter got very upset when we were feeding the dolphins. She saw a dolphin with what appeared to be an untreated sore on his back. It upset her so much we left the dolphin paddock. There was a bit of a taint on the trip after that.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorigh View Post
    There has actually been a lot of press about the Orlando Sea World, and their treatment of animals. I am not sure we will go back. My daughter got very upset when we were feeding the dolphins. She saw a dolphin with what appeared to be an untreated sore on his back. It upset her so much we left the dolphin paddock. There was a bit of a taint on the trip after that.
    I haven't really heard of much over hear and considering how close I live to Florida you'd think I would. That's why I only really mentioned the stuff that hit the national news. It is interesting to hear that Orlando is slipping, but I suppose it is to be expected all things considered.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by Esperahol View Post
    I haven't really heard of much over hear and considering how close I live to Florida you'd think I would. That's why I only really mentioned the stuff that hit the national news. It is interesting to hear that Orlando is slipping, but I suppose it is to be expected all things considered.
    Orlando reminded me a lot of Vegas, with the neon...that was just crazy. Also, something else...I had never seen so many Brits in my life outside of London. It was like we'd been transported to the British Isles...I loved it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: SeaWorld

    We've been to the Sea World in Florida in '93 and the one in Texas back in 2007. I loved it as aquariums are my absolute favorite. I to am iffy about going again. I've lived in Washington state a few years now and we have a big orca network and research place out here and the things they've posted have really made me stop and think.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    I agree. We have a great aquarium here in Atlanta. I really like going there. But the fish are swimming in huge tanks, the whale sharks have this massive tank they swim in, compared to the orcas at Seaworld. Maybe the movie will change their way of thinking.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    131

    Re: SeaWorld

    I went to seaworld years ago, but I've heard a lot of negative things recently. I would consider opting for one of the larger/more well known aquariums instead, but that's just me.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    20

    Re: SeaWorld

    When I was young I went to the Sea Word located in San Diego. When I went there, I'm not sure how it is now, there were Orcas and all of those neat things. I feel like Sea World is one of those places that it is really neat the first and maybe the second or third time you see it, however, after that it just gets old.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    I also think it depends on how old you are. I just spent a lot of time worrying about the animals. Sigh. Maybe I should just stick to Disneyworld. Although the water park, Aquatica, that is attached I guess to Sea World was very nice, and a good time was had by all.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: SeaWorld

    You may have aponte about age and maturity effecting how you perceive things. When we went to Olympic Game farm in Washington state I loved it, except for the very end when you pass the predators in their cages. They looked sickly and thirsty. Also I started to wonder if it was at all fair or healthy that you are instructed to feed the animals wheat bread.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by alycat32 View Post
    You may have aponte about age and maturity effecting how you perceive things. When we went to Olympic Game farm in Washington state I loved it, except for the very end when you pass the predators in their cages. They looked sickly and thirsty. Also I started to wonder if it was at all fair or healthy that you are instructed to feed the animals wheat bread.
    I will say that you see it differently through the eyes of your children. You see what they see. It made Disneyworld and Sea World a different experience. That being said, I don't feel like Sea World has answered all its questions, but I have to say I was stunned at the size of the orcas. We were sitting very close to the tank, and I was stunned by the size of the killer whales.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    116
    I remember going to the ringaling brothers circus as a kid with the lions and elephants. These days that's taboo as well because of animal treatment.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    131

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by alycat32 View Post
    I remember going to the ringaling brothers circus as a kid with the lions and elephants. These days that's taboo as well because of animal treatment.
    Honestly many things are getting that way. People are taking much more issue with the treatment of animals in zoos, attractions like seaworld, aquariums and the like.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Re: SeaWorld

    We visited seaworld in San Diego a few years ago. This was my first visit. I enjoyed the whale show. Although, we paid to swim with the dolphins and what we did was stand waist deep in the water and got to pat the back of a dolphin for a few minutes. Very little interaction with the animal. The kids loved it and loved to see the animals. We stayed in a B&B very close to the pier, in a very nice neighborhood. It is expensive but most theme parks are.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    131

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by maxine t View Post
    We visited seaworld in San Diego a few years ago. This was my first visit. I enjoyed the whale show. Although, we paid to swim with the dolphins and what we did was stand waist deep in the water and got to pat the back of a dolphin for a few minutes. Very little interaction with the animal. The kids loved it and loved to see the animals. We stayed in a B&B very close to the pier, in a very nice neighborhood. It is expensive but most theme parks are.
    Sounds a bit disappointing about the dolphins...I would love to actually swim with some .

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    They do offer that, but not at sea world...at one of their other properties...it's called Discovery Cove.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by JessiFox View Post
    Sounds a bit disappointing about the dolphins...I would love to actually swim with some .

    I plan on visiting Bermuda, I believe there the dolphins are free in the ocean to come and go but they have a safe area where you can swim and play with them in the water. That sounds perfect.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: SeaWorld

    Quote Originally Posted by maxine t View Post
    I plan on visiting Bermuda, I believe there the dolphins are free in the ocean to come and go but they have a safe area where you can swim and play with them in the water. That sounds perfect.
    Yes, that sounds lovely.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: SeaWorld

    My husband was stationed at Pearl Harbor two years and I wanted to swim with the dolphins, but firstvwasvpregnant, then to overweight and embarassed for a wet suit. Someday I hope to go back and do it!

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: SeaWorld

    We have the olympic game farm out here in Washington state. It's a drive through zoo where you feed llamas and zebras and buffalos wheat bread. It seemed super fun at the time, but I got to thinking about it and realized those animals eat wheat bread all day long.I'm not so sure how healthy that is.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58